Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Markets and Publicity

Well we had two markets this weekend, we had Werribee on Saturday which Simon and I went to, and then we had Flemington on Sunday which Angeline and I did.



Both were great, on Saturday we did our best market sales ever, and then on Sunday we beat Saturdays result, so we were really really pleased! We delivered the photo frogs on Saturday that we had a custom order for, and the customer was so pleased, we have now added this to our etsy shop so feel free to go check it out http://www.almondtreeframes.etsy.com/, or here is the sneak peak

Saturday at Werribee, once again our Marquee got blown over, however this time we were more prepared, and rather than having to display the products on the ground, (which is never a good look!) we had tables and display stands ready so it didn't look too bad, though without the marquee shade, I did get pretty badly sunburnt! I love going to the markets, walking around and seeing all the gorgeous pieces that everyone has, I always seem to buy something, on Satuday it was a great dress for Neivh (Angeline's oldest) that is in Christmas colours, and hopefully looks great, as well as some doggy treats for Coupy (who scoffed them in 2 seconds and didn't even notice how nicely they were presented! And then on Saturday I bought some Strawberries that were direct from the farm, and tasted heavinly and some soap that smells so great! I can see that I will probably do most of my Christmas shopping at these markets!

We found out today that our designs are likely going to be in the next issue of Shop 4 kids, which is due out in February 2009, so between the Herald Sun, Cosmo Preganancy and Shop 4 Kids we should be getting plenty of publicity for baby butterflies - who knows it might even be enough so that I can pack in my day job!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked out your Etsy, I like the one with the butterflies "escaping" the page. Very creative and inspiring.


I found your blog by browsing Lauren Alexander's followers.
She's generously donated one of her prints for a Giveaway on my blog. When you have a moment, come check it out on my blog here:
http://dish-dish-dish.blogspot.com/

Have a lovely week,
Kara Witham

Stat Counter


View My Stats