Thursday, February 4, 2010

A week of contradictions

This week has been one of the most interesting I think I have had, we have had so many great things happen, such as the opening of the new store, plus organising to get our new puppy this weekend, that I guess it is natural there were going to be some not so great things...

Yesterday my dad, who lives in Northern Victoria, was told that Murrary Goulburn were closing down their factory, and the 80 people that work there would need to find other jobs. What makes it sad is the town that the site was located in, only has about 300 people, so this effectively wipes out most of the jobs - I sometimes forget living in the city now, what an impact such a thing can have on a town...

My mum and Dad are now grappling with the decision of whether to relocate and move with Murray Goulburn or to try their luck by staying put... It will be sad to have to pack up the family home, but i really would love them to be a bit closer!

On a lighter note, we have just ordered some of the most beautiful products into the store, which will be arriving hopefully next week - I will post a picture when they are all set up, but here is a sneak peak of some of them!

No comments:

Stat Counter


View My Stats